- Four Facebook games developed by Zynga's (ZNGA) OMGPOP unit (acquired last year for $180M+) will be shut down by month's end, and the OMGPop.com site will be shuttered on Sep. 30.
- All of the games had less than 50K monthly active users, per AppData.
- OMGPOP's Draw Something games will continue to be supported.
- The game closings come after Zynga's OMGPOP studio became a casualty of the company's June layoffs.
- TechCrunch reports "multiple OMGPOP team members" tried to buy the site and other OMGPOP assets, but were rebuffed. Zynga reportedly claimed "this would all take too much legal work."
- As its Q2 stats indicate, Zynga has lost considerable Facebook gaming share over the last year.
Zynga shuttering OMGPOP games, web site
Aug 5 2013, 17:23 ET