- Allot (ALLT -8.4%) blames its Q2 miss on "unfulfilled revenue recognition" for a $5M deal with a tier-1 EMEA carrier, for which product deliveries have been made. The company says the deal will be recognized in 2H.
- Large orders from 13 carriers, 3 of which were new and 12 of which were mobile carriers, in Q2. This compares with large orders from 16, 3 of which were are new and 6 of which were mobile, in Q1.
- Bookings up over 20% Y/Y in Q2 to a new record; book-to-bill "significantly above 1." A "surge in demand" was seen for Allot's deep packet inspection hardware.
- Nonetheless, revenue -20% Y/Y after falling less than 1% in Q1.
- Opex +21% Y/Y to $19.5M thanks to sizable increases in R&D and sales/marketing spend.
- Shares now -20% YTD.
- Q2 results, PR
Allot plunges on Q2 miss, delayed revenue recognition blamed
Aug 6 2013, 09:47 ET