- Pandora's (P -2.2%) July listener hours totaled 1.28B, +14% Y/Y but only +3% M/M (aided by an extra day) and 5% below May's 1.35B.
- Active users amounted to 71.2M, +30% Y/Y but barely changed from June's 71.1M.
- July U.S. radio listening share is pegged at 7.08%, up from 6.13% a year ago and 7.04% in June. It's still below a February peak of 8.48%.
- Pandora's free mobile listening cap has hurt near-term growth. Is competition from rival free mobile services such as TuneIn and Songza also a factor?
- Shares still +107% YTD following FQ4 and FQ1 numbers demonstrating improved mobile monetization. FQ2 results arrive later this month.
Pandora slides after releasing July audience metrics
Aug 6 2013, 13:44 ET