- Three sources tell Bloomberg Ebix's (EBIX -15.3%) cross-border financial transactions are being investigated for evidence of money laundering.
- One of the sources is a former Ebix exec who says he was questioned by FBI agents about Ebix wire transfers to places such as India, Sweden, and Singapore.
- Top Ebix investor the Rennes Foundation is said to be an "area of interest" for both the FBI and SEC. The foundation's beneficiaries remain a mystery even to the SEC and former would-be Ebix acquirer Goldman.
- Ebix has rebounded from its intraday low of $8.21, but is still off sharply.
- Previous: Ebix plunges on money laundering probe
More on Ebix: FBI reportedly probing cross-border transactions
Aug 6 2013, 14:48 ET