- Nanosphere (NSPH) Q2 comes in mixed, beating on its EPS but missing on revenue.
- Net losses narrowed as revenue continued to strengthen.
- Total sales jumped 38% Y/Y, driven by sales of its Verigene gram-positive blood culture test.
- The company recorded 35 new customer placements and a 3.1% decline in total costs and expenses.
- It lowered its full-year revenue and customer placements guidance however, now projecting FY13 revenue of $10M to $11M and 150 to 200 customer placements. That number is down from its May view of $13M to $15M in revenue and 200 to 250 customer placements.
- Company says it remains on track for its gram-negative blood stream infection panel and enteric panel set for submission to the FDA in Q3 and Q413, respectively.
- Shares -21% AH.
More on Nanosphere earnings
Aug 6 2013, 19:58 ET