- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP -3.3%) slips today, despite announcing earlier that it had achieved positive top-line results from two recently completed Phase 1a clinical trials of both cobiprostone and SPI-3608.
- The studies tested the tolerability and pharmacokinetic profiles versus placebo of the two compounds, both of which were demonstrated to be generally well-tolerated in the tested populations.
- SPI-3608 is being investigated for the treatment of mild to moderate lumbar spinal stenosis and may be investigated for additional indications in the future.
- The next phase of development for SPI-3608 is expected to begin in the first quarter of 2014.
- Data on cobiprostone showed that it induces mucosal barrier repair and prevents mucosal barrier damage, and the fact that it was well-tolerated in this study, the company says, is extremely encouraging.
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Apr 9, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 16, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 10, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Dec 30, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Sep 26, 2012)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs