- Universal Display (OLED) expects 2013 revenue "to reach the high end of its $110M-$125M guidance range" That's going over well in light of fears the opposite might hold true due to softer-than-expected Galaxy S4 sales. Consensus is at $118.8M.
- Q2 materials sales +111% Y/Y to $27.1M. Royalty/license fees +37% Y/Y to $21.2M (payments from Samsung recognized in Q2 and Q4). Possible reasons for surging materials sales: Samsung's strong low-end/mid-range smartphone sales, and rising green emitter use.
- Materials gross margin (a concern following the Q1 report) was 69.4% vs. 75.8% in Q1 and 87.5% a year ago.
- R&D spend +1% Y/Y to $7.3M, SG&A +22% to $6.4M. Patent/amortization costs doubled to $4.5M; Universal attributes this to the Fujitsu deal.
- Operating cash flow +136% Y/Y to $26.4M.
- OLED +20.4% AH. CC at 5PM ET. Q2 results, PR.