- The Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee voted 8-1 in favor of adopting forward guidance, which includes a proposal not to raise interest rates from 0.5% until unemployment has dropped to 7% from 7.8% currently, subject to conditions related to inflation and financial stability. The vote took place at a meeting earlier this month.
- Martin Weale supported the adoption of forward guidance but voted against the proposition, as he would prefer a shorter-than-proposed time frame for the first inflation knockout. (If it were to be "more likely than not that CPI inflation 18-24 months ahead will be 0.5 percentage points or more above the 2% target.")
- The MPC voted unanimously to keep interest rates at 0.5% and against more quantitative easing.
- The pound spikes vs the dollar and is +0.2% at $1.5479. The FTSE falls further and is -0.4%.
- ETFs - Stocks: FKU, EWU, EWUS, DXPS. Currency: GBB, FXB (PR)
BOE voted 8-1 in favor of forward guidance
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs