- Also boosting the gold miners (see Klarman earlier) is Credit Suisse upping its price target on Barrick Gold (ABX +5.1%) by 10% to $22 per share, saying the company "is moving in the right direction." Goodhaven Fund - a highly concentrated, low-turnover mutual fund which earlier made the case for Barrick - disclosed a tripling of its position during Q2.
- Newmont Mining (NEM +5.5%), Goldcorp (GG +4%), Vista Gold (VGZ +7.1%).
- The Materials Select SPDR (XLB) is the best-performing sector today.
- Related ETFs: FXZ, IYM, PYZ, VAW, RTM, PSCM, UYM, SMN, SBM.
- Gold miners: GDX, GDXJ, GLDX, PSAU, NUGT, DUST, GGGG, RING.
at CNBC.com (Nov 18, 2014)