- U.K retail sales +1.1% on month in July vs +0.2% in June and vs consensus of +0.6%.
- On year, sales +3% vs +1.9% and 2.5%.
- Excluding fuel, sales +1.1% on month vs +0.3% and +0.6%.
- On year, sales ex fuel +3.1% vs +2.1% and +2.7%.
- "Feedback from supermarkets suggested that the sunny weather boosted sales across a range of products, including food, alcohol, clothing and outdoor items," says the Office for National Statistics.
- The pound zips up vs the dollar and is +0.5% at $1.15572, although the FTSE (-0.35%) shrugs and stays well into the red.
- ETFs - Stocks: FKU, EWU, EWUS, DXPS. Currency: GBB, FXB
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs