- The warning signs have been out for a few weeks, but Wal-Mart's (WMT) Q2 report confirms that consumers in the U.S. have been pulling back.
- Though the excuses from companies vary - weather, auto purchases, payroll tax hike - the trend toward softer discretionary spending on lower traffic remains consistent.
- Sector alert: In addition to missing analyst estimates, Wal-Mart also showed a jump in inventory levels in Q2 and warned on emerging markets.
- On watch: Costco (COST), PriceSmart (PSMT), Target (TGT)
- Related ETFs: XRT, RTH, PMR, RETL.
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 7, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jul 7, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 10, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 9, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jun 8, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs