- Wal-Mart (WMT -1.9%) maintains it expects to see improvement in all of its segments in the back half of the year
- In the U.S., store traffic fell 0.5% during Q2, but the company offset that to a degree with a slight uptick in average ticket price.
- E-commerce sales were up 30% for H1, inclusive of a contribution from Yihadodian.
- The company notes inventory rose 6.9% during Q2, due in part to a calendar effect. Though not an alarming jump, inventory will be a focus in Q3, say execs.
- No Q&A with analysts per Wal-Mart tradition.
- Pre-recorded earnings call transcript (.pdf)
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 7, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jul 7, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 10, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 9, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jun 8, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs