- ChipMOS shares (IMOS -1.1%) were down as much as 8.5% in morning trading before rallying as the market digested its Q2 results.
- A 23.3% Q/Q increase in gross profit outpaced revenue growth (11.7% Q/Q) on the back of "a favorable mix," partially offset by declining gold prices. (CC)
- Q2 FCF was $13M after $25.7M in capex.
- Overall utilization in Q2 was 79% (+4% from Q1). Testing segment utilization was 64% (+2%), assembly 79% (-2%), LCD driver 88% (+13%), and bumping 87% (+4%).
- ChipMOS expects sequential revenue growth of 2%-6% in Q3, gross margin of 16%-20%, opex of 6%-7% of revenues, D&A of $27M, and capex of $38M. The LCD driver and assembly businesses are expected to grow 5-8% and 14%-16% Q/Q respectively.
- Full-year capex guidance was hiked to $128M ($100M previous). ChipMOS will pull "capex by about six months from 2014 in to the second half of 2013 ... due to the strong customer demand and end productive requirements" in the LCD driver market.
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Mar 21, 2012)
at CNBC.com (May 26, 2011)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs