- Rising rates, the decline in stocks, and escalating violence in Egypt provided no bid for the greenback which fell across the board today.
- The dollar (UUP -0.7%) lost more than 1% against the Swiss franc (FXF +1%) and nearly 1% vs. the yen (FXY +0.8%) and cable (FXB +0.9%). The euro (FXE +0.7%) gained nearly three quarters of one percent.
- Typically the first to sell off when markets get a bit panicky, even the loonie (FXC +0.2%) and the aussie (FXA) picked up ground against the U.S. unit.
- A reason? Maybe the commodity sector (DBC +1%) - it was notably strong with metals, energy, and the grains all higher.
- Related dollar ETFs: UUPT, UDN, UDNT.
- Broad commodity ETFs: DJP, GSP, LSC, RJI, GSC, GCC, GSG, DBC, DPU, DJCI, UCI, USCI, DYY, UCD, DEE, CMD, DDP, RGRC, CTF, CFD CSCR, CSCB.
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 19, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 14, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Dec 9, 2014)
Video at CNBC.com (Dec 8, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 20, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs