- A solid selloff in mortgage REITs (REM -3.7%) turns into a rout as the 10-year Treasury yield takes out another 2-year high at 2.89%. Looking at the short end, September 2015 Eurodollar futures at 98.65 are pricing in more than 100 bps of rate hikes between now and then.
- American Capital (AGNC -5.8%), Armour (ARR -7.5%), Apollo (AMTG -4.9%), Ellington (EARN -4.8%), Anworth (ANH -5.5%), Western Asset (WMC -5.7%), Arlington Asset (AI -4.7%), Dynex (DX -5.1%), Newcastle (NCT -2.3%).
- Mentioned before as starting to look very cheap, Annaly (NLY -4.9%) losses deepen with the stock at $10.72 - its lowest price since 2001 (the dividend fell to $0.25 at the end of 2000 before rising to $0.68 by the start of 2002).
- Tumbling income funds include (KFN -2%), and (PTY -2.1%).
- Among equity REITs, Realty Income (O -1.8%), Medical Properties (MPW -2.4%), and Simon Property Group (SPG -1%) lead down, but HCP (HCP +0.6%) remains green.
Rate worries again rout income favorites
Aug 19 2013, 15:09 ET