- Yesterday was the first session in more than three years which saw the Dow (DIA) decline while the Russell 2000 (IWM) rose more than 1.5%, according to Bespoke.
- Bullish or bearish? Small cap outperformance is commonly thought to signal the sort risk-appetite necessary for a bull market. The Russell 2000 has outperformed the Dow by nearly 1000 basis points over the last year with all of the gain coming since the bull move took off in mid-November.
- Small caps really started to widen their lead from late June - perhaps signaling the sort of over-exuberance necessary to set at least a temporary market top.
- Small cap ETFs: IWM, VTWO, EWRS, SRTY, TWM, RWM, TNA, URTY, UWM, TZA, SMLV, TWOK.
- Dow ETFs: DIA, DDM, UDOW, DXD, SDOW, DOG.
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 6, 2015)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 15, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 14, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 13, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 5, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs