- Mom-and-pop investors like to see where the "smart money" is going, but Goldman Sachs finds the 50 stocks (with market caps over $1B) that hedge funds are heavily shorting have averaged a 30% gain YTD.
- Top 10 most shorted, based on the number of funds owning the stock: EQIX, LCC, HLF, RDN, BBRY, WNR, VVUS, PHH, DECK, OUTR.
- Top 10 best loved, based on the same criteria: GOOG, AAPL, AIG, C, GM, JPM, BAC, MSFT, QCOM, PFE.
- Complete lists: the 50 most shorted; the 50 best loved.
- Earlier: picks from Goldman's Hedge Fund Monitor.