- Goldman Sachs (GS), JPMorgan (JPM), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Wells Fargo (WFC) are on review for downgrade as the agency considers reducing its assumption for how much government support they're likely to get.
- Bank of America (BAC) and Citigroup (C) are also on review, but for "direction uncertain" as Moody's considers what may be more than offsetting improvements in their standalone credit strength.
- Mellon Bank (BK) and State Street (STT) - whose ratings are already under the scope - will also be included in this new review.
- Moody's telegraphed its intention to undertake this move back in March.
- All of the above stocks are off marginally in AH trade.
- Source: Moody's.
Moody's puts major U.S. banks on review
Aug 22 2013, 16:35 ET