- Stocks give up their modest gains and turn lower as Secretary of State Kerry calls out the Syrian regime for using chemical weapons and suggests the U.S. response may be more than tough words.
- Russia - which isn't convinced such an attack took place - says the U.S. and its allies are headed on a "slippery slope" to military intervention.
- DJIA (DIA -0.2%), S&P 500 (SPY -0.2%), and the Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) goes to flat.
- Related ETFs: IVV, SPY, VOO, RWL, SFLA, SSO, UPRO, SDS, SPXU, SH, EPS, RSP, BXUB, BXUC, BXDB, DIA, DDM, UDOW, DXD, SDOW, DOG, QQQ, QQEW, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, PSQ, QLD, QQQE.
- Crude oil and gold - for now - are showing little reaction.
- Oil ETFs: OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI.
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 15, 2015)