- As in Asia, shares in Europe are lower over the increasing tensions with Syria following what appears to be its use of chemical weapons.
- "The apparent certainty that military action against Syria is on its way has traders highly uncertain about what the repercussions will be for igniting a powder keg in such an already volatile region," writes Capital Spreads trader Jonathan Sudaria.
- The U.S. Treasury's confirmation that the government will hit the debt ceiling in mid-October is also weighing on sentiment.
- A continuing improvement in German business confidence doesn't seem to be having any effect at all.
- European equities ETFs: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU
European shares lower on Syrian tension
Aug 27 2013, 04:32 ET