- Eurozone manufacturing PMI rises to a 26-month high of 51.4 in August (flash 51.3) from 50.3 in July.
- Upturn broad-based, with PMIs rising in all countries except France.
- Greece PMI of 48.7 a 44-month high.
- Manufacturing in Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Spain and Italy fastest for at least two years
- "Companies reported the strongest improvement in business conditions for just over two years, with a pick up in new-orders growth suggesting the upturn will be sustained into September," says Markit.
- However, companies remain reluctant to take on staff, suggesting "that there’s a long way to go before the recovery feeds through to a meaningful job market improvement." (PR)
- Euro flat vs dollar. EU Stoxx 50 +1.5%.
- ETFs - Stocks: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU. Bonds: EU. Euro: FXE, ERO, ULE, URR, EUO, DRR, EUFX
Eurozone manufacturing activity hits 26-month high
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 26, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 5, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 31, 2014)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 22, 2014)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 12, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs