- U.K. construction activity unexpectedly increased to its highest level in six years in August as PMI rose to 59.1 from 57 in July and topped consensus of 56.8.
- There was "robust expansion" in all three sub-sectors: house building, commercial growth and civil engineering.
- "Builders have seen a step change in recent months and are now starting to show their true potential to the U.K. economy," says the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply.
- The construction PMI adds to strong manufacturing PMI.
- The pound is +0.2% at $1.5569, although the FTSE 100 is -0.6%. (PR)
- ETFs - Stocks: FKU, EWU, EWUS, DXPS. Currency: GBB, FXB
U.K. construction adds to strong economic picture
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs