- Investors pulled a record-breaking $15B from ETPs globally in August, according to BlackRock (BLK). The previous record was $13.4B in January 2010.
- A loss of $5.3B for fixed-income funds doesn't necessarily reflect the exit from bonds as short-maturity ETFs like BSV and BKLN saw inflows.
- Another notable area for inflows were European equity funds like VGK and EZU which saw $4.7B in fresh cash as the EU economy finally pulled out of a recession.
- European equity ETFs: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU Bonds: EU.
- Gold's outflow's of $687M suggests a cautious stance, but it's a long way from the panic of earlier - YTD exits now sum to over $31B.
- Gold ETFs: GLD, IAU, SGOL, PHYS, AGOL, DGL, UBG, DGP, UGL, DZZ, GLL, DGZ, UGLD, DGLD, GLDI.
ETP outlfows a record in August
Sep 3 2013, 10:00 ET