- UBS highlights top energy stocks to buy that could benefit from the current Middle East situation.
- UBS expects the large integrated oil companies, including Exxon Mobil (XOM) and Chevron (CVX), to benefit from the increase in oil pricing, even if it is temporary.
- While E&P companies are more sensitive to changes in commodity prices than the majors, they also may have the most upside potential among energy stocks; the firm focuses on DVN, EOG and WLL.
- UBS would hold names in the oil services group through the period and buy on any dip: BHI, HAL, SLB.
- Refiners are at a disadvantage as oil prices rise and better off when prices fall, so UBS would focus on other areas for now.
at CNBC.com (Nov 18, 2014)