- Sources tell Bloomberg Twitter "has held preliminary talks" with banks about an IPO, and is waiting for its Q3 to close before deciding whether to file this year or next.
- Om Malik's "quite well placed" sources tell him Twitter won't reach 400M active users this year, as CEO Dick Costolo had targeted. He also notes the potential of Twitter's new Facebook-like Conversations view, which makes discussions easier to follow, to reel in users who have thus far been turned away by its firehose-like feeds.
- eMarketer recently predicted Twitter, privately valued at ~$10B, will produce $580M in 2013 revenue.
- GSV Capital (GSVC +1.3%), which estimates its Twitter stake was worth $37.6M at the end of Q2 (it could be worth more now following Facebook's run-up), would definitely like to see the microblogging giant file an S-1 sooner rather than later.
- Previous: Twitter hires financial reporting manager