- The Bank of Japan votes unanimously to stay the monetary policy course aimed at boosting the monetary base by ¥60-70T annually.
- "Japan's economy is recovering moderately," the central bank says, marking an update to the language used in August, when Kuroda and company said the economy was "starting to recover."
- At issue now is whether a sales tax hike (designed to help shore up the country's public debt) will derail the recovery and pressure BOJ Governor Kuroda to take further action to stimulate growth.
- Full statement
- The Nikkei (+0.1%) and the yen (-0.7%) are little changed on the news.
- Equity and JGB ETFs: EWJ, NKY, EWV, EZJ, ITF, JSC, JPP, DXJ, SCJ, DFJ, FJP, JPNL, JPNS, DXJS, JGBT, JGBL, JGBS, JGBD
- Currency: FXY, JYN, YCL, YCS
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 23, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 12, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 2, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Nov 20, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 17, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs