- If the Chinese media report (comes from local site Sina Tech - translation) pans out, it means China Telecom (CHA +0.4%) and China Unicom (CHU -0.3%) will start selling Apple's (AAPL -0.8%) newest iPhones the same day they're expected to launch in the U.S. and several other big international markets.
- Last year, Telecom and Unicom didn't begin selling the iPhone 5 until Dec. 14, more than 2 months after the device went on sale in dozens of other markets.
- Sina Tech also reports China Mobile (CHL +0.7%) won't be able to sell the 5S until November (assuming a deal is announced), due to the need for regulatory approval of an iPhone supporting CHL's TD-LTE 4G network.
- The 5S is said to come in 4 colors, and the plastic-shell 5C in 5 colors. Other reports suggest the 5S' colors will be white, black, gold, and graphite, and the 5C's colors white, red, green, blue, and yellow.
- An iPhone event will take place in Beijing shortly after Apple's main Sep. 10 event.
- Earlier: DoCoMo to reportedly offer iPhone soon
Report: China Telecom, Unicom to begin selling iPhone 5S/5C on Sep. 20
Sep 5 2013, 15:55 ET