- For the first time since May of 2012, Japan's Cabinet Office says its coincident index is "improving", which indicates the government sees "a high likelihood of an economic expansion" based on the composite of 11 key economic indicators.
- "The indicators that most contributed to the rise were manufacturing-related numbers, such as industrial output and industrial electricity usage," WSJ notes.
- Official release
- On Thursday, the BOJ made similar comments, saying the economy is "improving moderately."
- Equity and JGB ETFs — EWJ, NKY, EWV, EZJ, ITF, JSC, JPP, DXJ, SCJ, DFJ, FJP, JPNL, JPNS, DXJS, JGBT, JGBL, JGBS, JGBD
- Currency: FXY, JYN, YCL, YCS
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 23, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 12, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 2, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Nov 20, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 17, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs