- SHFL Entertainment (SHFL) FQ3 misses on all fronts, despite a 16% growth in total sales from the same period last year.
- Net profit fell 39% Y/Y as the casino-games company booked charges related to its plan to merge with Bally Technologies (BYI) as well as other expenses.
- Revenue from its leasing and royalties business grew 5.5% to $29.3M,
- Product sales and services reported 24% higher revenue at $73.5M.
- Electronic table systems revenue grew 79% in the latest period, while its utility, electronic gaming machine and proprietary table games businesses also contributed to top-line growth.
- Gross margin narrowed to 60.6% from 63.1%, as total costs and expenses grew 30% to $65.1M.
From other sites
at Fox Business (Jul 16, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 4, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Mar 4, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Dec 17, 2012)
at CNBC.com (Sep 11, 2012)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs