- A gauge of financial companies soared 6.7% on rumors Chinese banks will be allowed to issue preferred stock to boost capital levels. Shanghai Pudong and Agricultural Bank each jumped 10% on speculation they will be the first to participate in a trial offering.
- Separately, Ping An Bank gained 10% after announcing plans to raise $2.4B by selling 1.32B shares to parent Ping An Insurance Group. The purchase will raise the parent's stake to 59% from 52.4%.
- Previous: China also boosted by favorable import data.
- China financial ETF: CHIX.
- China ETFs: FXI, GXC, PGJ, YAO, FCHI, PEK, CAF, YXI, XPP, FXP, MCHI, YINN, YANG, TCHI, CHXF, KFYP.
- Chinese banks: BACHY.PK, CICHF.PK, IDCBF.PK, CIHHF.PK.
Chinese financial stocks soar on preferred issuance plans
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 13, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Dec 12, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Apr 12, 2012)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs