- Global equities are higher on falling expectations that the U.S. will lead an attack on Syria after President Obama said he'd refrain from action if the Middle Eastern country gives up its chemical weapons.
- Better-than-expected Chinese industrial output and retail data have also helped boost sentiment.
- Oil is -0.9% at $108.58 a barrel and gold is -0.85% at $1.374.60 an ounce.
- Japan +1.5%, Hong Kong +1%, China +1.1%, India +3.2%.
- EU Stoxx 50 +1.1%, London +0.8%, Paris +1.1%, Frankfurt +1.5%, Milan +0.6% and Madrid +1.3%.
- ETFs: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU, ADRA, AIA, VPL, ASDR, AAXJ, AXJS, EPP, GMF, GMFS, AXJL, UXJ, JPX, PAF, ASEA, EEMA, DVYA.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Aug 8, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Mar 4, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Aug 6, 2013)
at CNBC.com (May 25, 2010)
at CNBC.com (May 11, 2010)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs