- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) inks a collaboration deal with Biogen (BIIB) for the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel small molecules for the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
- This is a preclinical venture. The two companies will seek to discover a new class of small molecules that target the GCase enzyme.
- There are no upfront payments to FOLD.
- BIIB will fund all discovery, development, and commercialization and will reimburse FOLD for the cost of employees working on the project.
- FOLD is eligible for development and regulatory milestones and "modest" royalties. (PR)