Refinancing at lowest level since June 2009

From other sites
Comments (9)
  • june1234
    , contributor
    Comments (3114) | Send Message

Mortgage application Index is now sitting at Nov 08 levels. Back to the Bloomberg housing recovery
    11 Sep 2013, 09:32 AM Reply Like
  • philipmax
    , contributor
    Comments (304) | Send Message

Why is everybody surprised by the decline in mortgage refinancing activity.
    If anyone here was trying to refinance his/her mtge in the last 12 mos. they were in for a huge deluge of inquiries up-the-GA-zoo. No matter what they provided in information and backup, there was always another endless steam of inquiry,eventually leading back to the original inquiries.

Shear exhaustion has finally hit the public.
    Did anyone ever think that banks were going to re-fi a 6% mtge in good standing with a new 30yr 3% one? I wouldn't ! Why should the bank do it?
    When interest rates resume the long term trend of 5-6%, there will be activity again.
    11 Sep 2013, 10:02 AM Reply Like
  • 7footMoose
    , contributor
    Comments (2266) | Send Message

Wrong!
    11 Sep 2013, 12:17 PM Reply Like
  • User 6707651
    , contributor
    Comments (1006) | Send Message

I refied last month and it was pretty painless- I went from BOA to wells- I don't see why my being in good standing with BOA would have dissuaded Wells
    11 Sep 2013, 02:03 PM Reply Like
  • CassandraSees
    , contributor
    Comments (394) | Send Message

Note - - I own WFC and think they are a nice stock and I thank the customers who use their services

I had a 30 year @ 5.25% mortgage with WFC - - I gave them first chance to refi - - They declined the rate and terms that I offered them

I went with Credit Union - - long distance contact - - e-mails back and forth - - questions/answers - - Phone calls - - faxed copies of documents - - settlement on my kitchen table - - Result was 15 years @ 2.625% - - If the mule won't move, get another ride - - It's called competition - -

WFC is not dumb - - They will do what is necessary to flourish and hopefully it will involve taking good care of their customers
    11 Sep 2013, 11:27 AM Reply Like
  • The_Hammer
    , contributor
    Comments (4264) | Send Message

lets hear the nar spin on this one. anyone with any commonsense would remove their assets and close their accounts from the big to fail banks. support local or regional institutions. power to the masses wake up.
    11 Sep 2013, 01:45 PM Reply Like
  • User 6707651
    , contributor
    Comments (1006) | Send Message

Why, a free account is a free account, why not choose the one with the better website, 24/7 customer service, national ATM network....
    11 Sep 2013, 02:05 PM Reply Like
  • The_Hammer
    , contributor
    Comments (4264) | Send Message

exactly. to big are not the only game in town. regional and small banks have excellent offers-services.
    11 Sep 2013, 03:28 PM Reply Like
  • The Geoffster
    , contributor
    Comments (4097) | Send Message

No one should have to borrow money to buy a house. There are many available houses and there are many home builders. The government can require sellers to give their homes away to people who want them and make the home builders build more houses for free. Just like health care.
    11 Sep 2013, 10:05 PM Reply Like