- Though CRM software archrivals Salesforce (CRM) and Oracle (ORCL) are fresh off announcing a major data-sharing/IT infrastructure partnership, that hasn't stopped Salesforce from recruiting top Oracle sales personnel.
- Three months after naming former Oracle North American sales chief Keith Block (left Oracle in 2012) its president and vice chairman, Salesforce has named Anthony Fernicola, until recently a senior North American Oracle sales exec, its enterprise sales chief. Fernicola will report to Block. (PR)
- Salesforce has already nabbed plenty of Fortune 500-caliber enterprise clients, but many of its deals have been at the division level. Growing the number of company-wide enterprise Salesforce deployments will undoubtedly be one of Fernicola's top priorities.
- Though Salesforce seems to be doing more damage in its talent battle with Oracle, the damage cuts both ways. In August, Oracle hired former Salesforce exec Kate FitzGerald to head its CRM sales efforts.
- In July, JMP and BI reported Oracle is seeing major sales personnel turnover and growing employee frustration. Several SA commenters provided anecdotal observations generally backing up those reports.
Salesforce poaches senior Oracle sales exec
Sep 11 2013, 19:01 ET