- Dividend payers may be a good place to hide out from rising interest rates, but those stocks sporting the highest yields - telecoms and utilities - tend to have slow payment growth, making them less-attractive as rates rise. Checking back to the 1994 bond bear market, telecoms and utilities were among the market's worst performers.
- Better to shop for modest payers, but above-average payment growth. Barron's screens for those characteristics combined with reasonable overall valuation and turns up three names: Boeing (BA), CVS Caremark (CVS), and GE.
- Certain dividend ETFs employ this strategy as well, with Vanguard's Dividend Appreciation (VIG) - almost zero exposure to telecoms and utilities - and WisdomTree's U.S. Dividend Growth ETF (DGRW) coming to mind. Others include DGRS, DNL, EMDG, DGRE.
- Other dividend ETFs: FDL, FVD, MDIV, QDF, QDYN, QDEF, DIV, CVY, DVY, HDV, IYLD, PEY, PFM, SCHD, SDY, SDYL, DVYL, VYM, DHS, DTD, SYLD, KBWD, SPHD, DLN, DON, HILO.
- Telecom and utility ETFs: IYZ, XTL, VOX, LTL, TLL, IDU, PUI, XLU, VPU, RYU, FXU, PSCU, UPW, SDP, UTLT.
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Investor's Business Daily (Fri, 11:34AM)
at Benzinga.com (Fri, 10:41AM)
at Benzinga.com (Mon, 4:59PM)
at Investor's Business Daily (Mon, 2:24PM)
at Benzinga.com (Mon, 2:12PM)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs