- Despite the pain - or perhaps because of it - gold equities are luring investors back, posting their biggest two-month net inflow in two years during July and August.
- It could partly owe to a recovering gold price (at least until this week), but also because miners have taken hefty writedowns, slimmed down projects and put others on hold to save cash after years of chasing volume at all costs.
- Investors have been looking to get exposure to gold through the actual miners themselves after the gold price crash in April, an analyst says.
- Gold miner ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, GLDX, PSAU, NUGT, DUST, GGGG, RING.
- Meanwhile, gold ETFs are still seeing outflows: GLD, IAU, SGOL, PHYS, AGOL, DGL, UBG, DGP, UGL, DZZ, GLL, DGZ, UGLD, DGLD, GLDI.
Gold equities lure investors after April bullion rout
Sep 14 2013, 08:25 ET