- Citi is out with some commentary on what the market reaction will likely be to Larry Summers' withdrawal from what many thought was a two-horse race for the Fed chairmanship.
- Steven Englander of course sees "downward pressure on bond yields" and is willing to put a number on it: "[This] may be worth another 10-15 bps on the downside."
- As for the dollar, Englander says it's "hard to see it as anything but negative for now."
- Is a Yellen-run Fed a foregone conclusion? Maybe not: "This throws the field wide open between Janet Yellen, Donald Kohn, Roger Ferguson among others."
- Treasury ETFs - TLH, TLT, IEF, DTYL, DLBL, ILTB, TENZ, ITE, TLO, EDV, VGIT, VGLT, TMF, TYD, LBND, UBT, UST, TMV, TYO, DSTJ, DSXJ, SBND, PST, TBT, DTYS, DLBS, TBF, TTT, TYNS, TYBS, TBX
- Dollar ETFs - DBV, UUP, UDN, UUPT, UDNT
- Previous coverage
Citi sees lower yields, dollar pressure after Summers news
Sep 15 2013, 18:20 ET