- Eurozone CPI +0.1% on month in August, as expected, vs -0.5% in July.
- On year, inflation 1.3%, also in line, vs 1.6%.
- Core CPI holds steady at +1.1%, as expected as well. Core CPI excludes food, energy, alcohol and tobacco.
- The lowest rates were in Greece (-1%) and Bulgaria (-0.7%) and the highest were in Estonia (+3.6%) and Holland (+2.8%).
- The biggest contributors to the rise in prices were fruit, electricity and tobacco, while transport fuel and telecom were among the largest drags on inflation. (PR)
- ETFs - Stocks: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU. Bonds: EU. Euro: FXE, ERO, ULE, URR, EUO, DRR, EUFX
Eurozone CPI edges up
Sep 16 2013, 05:21 ET