- U.S. retail is in for a challenging holiday season, according to Walter Loeb.
- He sees the buildup of unsold inventory and new arrivals pressuring apparel sellers to become more promotional in order to clear their shelves.
- The very early timing of Chanukah could cut typical late quarter buying momentum.
- A seismic shift in the preferences of teens to save for electronic gadgets, instead of creating buzz over trendy fashion lines, is also working against the sector.
- Related stocks: AEO, ANF, LTD, GPS, TLYS, BKE, URBN, GES, ARO, APP.
Challenges abound for some U.S. retailers
Sep 16 2013, 07:59 ET