- U.K CPI rose to +0.4% on month in August after being flat in July but came in below consensus of +0.5%.
- On year, inflation, +2.7% vs +2.8% in July and forecasts of +2.7%.
- Core CPI held steady at +2% vs expectations of +2.1%.
- House-price index +3.3% vs +3.1% in July and consensus of +3.4%.
- The on-year fall in inflation was mainly due to lower air fares, gasoline, diesel, and clothing costs, although prices still rose faster than wages, which increased 1% on average during the same period.
- FTSE 100 -0.3%, GBP-USD +0.1% to $1.5914.
- ETFs - Stocks: FKU, EWU, EWUS, DXPS. Currency: GBB, FXB.
U.K. inflation rises on month, slows on year
Sep 17 2013, 04:55 ET