- The German ZEW survey of investor confidence has climbed to 49.6 in September from 42 in August and topped consensus of 46.
- The current situation print leapt to 30.6 from 18.3 and easily beat forecasts of 20.8.
- Sentiment for the eurozone climbed to 58.6 from 44 and exceeded expectations of 47.2.
- "Optimism has increased due to the improved economic outlook for the eurozone," says ZEW President Clemens Fuest, "although recently released economic data for Germany have fallen short of expectations."
- The euro (FXE) skips a little vs the dollar and is now +0.2%. (PR)
- Relevant ETFs - Stocks: FGM, EWG, GERJ, EWGS, DBGR. Bonds: BUNL, BUNT, BUND, GGOV Euro: ERO, ULE, URR, EUO, DRR, EUFX
German investor confidence rises again
Sep 17 2013, 05:09 ET