- Global equities mostly drop prior to the start of the FOMC's two-day meeting today, when the Fed is expected to reduce its bond-buying program by $10B a month to $75B despite a tepid jobs report for August.
- "Investors are pricing in $10B, but $20B or above could create waves, so people remain cautious ahead of the decision," says Global Equities' David Thebault.
- China falls 2% following a sharp slowdown in foreign direct investment and a rise in money market rates.
- Japan -0.7%, Hong Kong -0.3%, India +0.1%.
- EU Stoxx 50 -0.3%, London -0.3%, Paris -0.4%, Frankfurt -0.2%, Milan -0.4%, Madrid -0.7%. U.S. stock futures: Dow -0.1%, S&P -0.1%, Nasdaq -0.05%.
- ETFs: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU, FXI, GXC, PGJ, YAO, FCHI, PEK, CAF, YXI, XPP, FXP, MCHI, YINN, YANG, TCHI, CHXF, KFYP, HAO, ECNS, ADRA, AIA, VPL, ASDR, AAXJ, AXJS, EPP, GMF, GMFS, AXJL, UXJ, JPX, PAF, ASEA, EEMA, DVYA.