- Global equities mostly drop prior to the start of the FOMC's two-day meeting today, when the Fed is expected to reduce its bond-buying program by $10B a month to $75B despite a tepid jobs report for August.
- "Investors are pricing in $10B, but $20B or above could create waves, so people remain cautious ahead of the decision," says Global Equities' David Thebault.
- China falls 2% following a sharp slowdown in foreign direct investment and a rise in money market rates.
- Japan -0.7%, Hong Kong -0.3%, India +0.1%.
- EU Stoxx 50 -0.3%, London -0.3%, Paris -0.4%, Frankfurt -0.2%, Milan -0.4%, Madrid -0.7%. U.S. stock futures: Dow -0.1%, S&P -0.1%, Nasdaq -0.05%.
- ETFs: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU, FXI, GXC, PGJ, YAO, FCHI, PEK, CAF, YXI, XPP, FXP, MCHI, YINN, YANG, TCHI, CHXF, KFYP, HAO, ECNS, ADRA, AIA, VPL, ASDR, AAXJ, AXJS, EPP, GMF, GMFS, AXJL, UXJ, JPX, PAF, ASEA, EEMA, DVYA.
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Thu, 11:22AM)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 5, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 31, 2014)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 22, 2014)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 12, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs