- Herbalife (HLF +3.2%) surges to a fresh 52-week high.
- The catalyst: Recycled chatter regarding a leveraged share buyback.
- The call looks to have emanated from a familiar place, as multiple sources are attributing it to DA Davidson's Tim Ramey.
- Summing up the story: KPMG's "troubles" earlier this year might have delayed an HLF buyback which may now be back on the table once PwC signs-off on the company's financials.
- Ramey suggested recently that HLF may be due for a settlement for the trouble KPMG caused, while Ackman is of course putting pressure on PwC.
at CNBC.com (Nov 17, 2014)