- Adobe (ADBE) spent $326M in FQ3 to repurchase ~7M shares (1.4% of outstanding shares).
- Deferred revenue totaled $734M at the end of FQ3, +6% Q/Q and reversing FQ2's 1% drop.
- Adobe declares "the overwhelming majority" of its customers are shifting from perpetual to term-based licenses, validating market acceptance of Creative Cloud.
- Document Services revenue (a portion of Digital Media revenue) fell 1.5% Y/Y to $182.7M thanks to shift towards Acrobat subscriptions. Document Services ARR rose 30% Q/Q to $109M, with total subscribers topping 1.3M after crossing 1M in FQ2.
- Print/publishing revenue was soft, falling 14% Y/Y to $46.7M (5% of revenue).
- Adobe also announces Project Mighty (a Bluetooth-equipped tablet stylus) and Project Napoleon (a digital ruler/guide) will be released in 1H14 (previous).
- R&D spend +10% Y/Y to $208.7M, sales/marketing spend +5% to $388.7M. CC/Marketing Cloud investments have much to do with the R&D growth.
- ADBE +5% AH
- FQ3 results, guidance/subscriptions
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Oracle, Adobe Systems, China Telecom and NetEase - Press Releasesat Zacks.com (Mar 18, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 16, 2015)
at Investor's Business Daily (Feb 25, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 25, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 9, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs