- Global equities are mainly higher as markets await the word from the FOMC later in the day, when the Fed is expected to announce that it's going to start tapering its bond-buying program.
- Japan +1.4%, Hong Kong -0.3%, China +0.3%, India +0.3%.
- EU Stoxx 50 +0.5%, London +0.1%, Paris +0.4%, Frankfurt +0.3%, Milan +0.5%, Madrid +0.8%.
- U.S. futures: Dow +0.1%, S&P +0.1%, Nasdaq +0.3%.
- ETFs: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU, EFA, IEFA, VEA, ADRD, MFLA, EFO, MFSA, EFU, PDN, PIZ, EFZ, PXF, EFG, EFV, DZK, DPK, IDLV, DTH, DWM, URTH, FDTS, ADRA, AIA, VPL, ASDR, AAXJ, AXJS, EPP, GMF, GMFS, AXJL, UXJ, JPX, PAF, ASEA, EEMA, DVYA
Shares rise ahead of expected tapering
Sep 18 2013, 05:25 ET