- "I get a lot of surprises in my line of work; very few as positive as that," says Goldman Sachs (GS) CEO Lloyd Blankfein of the company's inclusion in the DJIA.
- Appearing on CNBC, Blankfein bullet points through a number of issues:
- Markets have priced in a taper of $10B or less, but anything more than that could make them "sad" as the 150 basis point move in the 10-year yield has already tightened policy (did Blankfein just demand the Fed not move more than $10B?).
- On keeping firm money with Steven Cohen, Blankfein says it's not appropriate to withdraw funds just because of the indictment and the government wouldn't want that either.
- On JPMorgan's London Whale fines - the mistakes are old news and the settlement isn't a big deal.