- S&P 500 (SPY +0.6%), DJIA (DIA +0.4%), and Nasdaq 100 (QQQ +0.6%) after the Fed surprises by not announcing any taper of its asset purchase program.
- The 10-year Treasury note rises nearly a full point, the yield down to 2.78%. TLT +0.4%.
- Precious metals soar, Gold (GLD +2.7%), Silver (SLV +2.9%), and the dollar (UUP -1%) heads south.
- Money line from the FOMC statement: "The Committee decided to await more evidence that progress will be sustained before adjusting the pace of its purchases." Also noted is the "federal fiscal retrenchment."
- Precious metals ETFs: GLD, IAU, SGOL, PHYS, AGOL, DGL, UBG, DGP, UGL, DZZ, GLL, DGZ, UGLD, DGLD, GLDI.
- Treasury ETFs: TLH, TLT, IEF, DTYL, DLBL, ILTB, TENZ, ITE, TLO, EDV, VGIT, VGLT, TMF, TYD, LBND, UBT, UST, TMV, TYO, DSTJ, DSXJ, SBND, PST, TBT, DTYS, DLBS, TBF, TTT, TYNS, TYBS, TBX.
- Dollar ETFs: UUPT, UDN. UDNT.
- Index ETFs: IVV, SPY, VOO, RWL, SFLA, SSO, UPRO, SDS, SPXU, SH, EPS, RSP, BXUB, BXUC, BXDB, DIA, DDM, UDOW, DXD, SDOW, DOG, QQQ, QQEW, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, PSQ, QLD, QQQE.
Stocks, bonds, gold gain after FOMC; dollar slides
Sep 18 2013, 14:09 ET