- As expected, emerging market stocks post big gains on the back of the Fed's decision to keep the size of its asset purchase program unchanged for the time being.
- Indonesian shares rose as much as 7.4% in early action before retreating a bit to trade around 4% higher. Stocks likewise rallied sharply in India (+3%), Thailand (+3%), the Philippines (+2.8%), Malaysia (+1%), and Turkey (+6.2%).
- Emerging market ETFs: AGEM, EEM, ADRE, SCHE, GMM, VWO, DEM, EWEM, PXH, PIE, EWX, DGS, EMLB, EDC, EET, EMSA, EDZ, EEV, EUM, TLTE, HILO, EELV, EEMA, EMFT, DVYE, FEMS, EVAL, EGRW, EMCR, IEMG, EMDR, EEME.
- Indonesia: EIDO, IDX, IDXJ.
- India: INDY, EPI, PIN, INP, INDA, INXX, SCIF, SCIN, INDL, SMIN.
- Turkey: TUR.
- The Philippines: EPHE.
- Thailand: THD, TTF, TF
- Malaysia: EWM
Emerging markets rally on Fed decision
Sep 19 2013, 03:50 ET