- "News of [the] Fed refraining from tapering comes at the same time as relatively low spare capacity and relatively low crude [and product] stocks," Barclays' oil analyst Miswin Mahesh says.
- Mahesh believes emerging market demand is now set up for an upside surprise, as the prospect of rising import costs appears likely to "fade."
- MarketWatch notes that the 4.4M barrel decline in crude inventories reported by the EIA on Wednesday "far exceeded [Platts'] expectations for a fall of 1.5M barrels."
- The outlook: Barclays sees prices staying put with "an upward bias" for the balance of the year.
- ETFs - OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI
- Crude +0.58% to $108.70